Creating Memorable Guest Experiences
The Cassidy Group are Tourism and Hospitality industry specialists as asset owners, accommodation operators, and tourism and hospitality industry consultants. Since founding in 2001, The Cassidy Group have owned and operated six tourism and hospitality businesses in regional Queensland.
The Cassidy Group has a team of 75 highly skilled and professional staff servicing both Edge and Empire including a dedicated Group General Manager, Operations Manager, Conference and Events Manager, Accounts Department Manager, Housekeeping Supervisors, Maintenance Manager and Customer Service Team Leader.
Grant Cassidy OAM FAICD, Managing Director
Grant Cassidy OAM is a high profile Tourism and Hospitality industry leader who is the sole director of each Management Letting Rights (MLR) ownership entity.
Grant is a Fellow of the Institute of Company Directors (FAICD), a Director of the Gladstone Ports Corporation, Chairman of Regional Development Australia Central and Western Queensland, Chairman of the Capricornia Business Advisory Alliance, Chairman of the Rockhampton Salvation Army Business Committee, Vice Chairman of Beef Australia.
Previously, Grant was the Chairman of Capricorn Enterprise for 10 years – the Capricorn region’s peak Tourism and Economic Development organisation, a former Director of Tourism Queensland and Chair of the Tourism Queensland Audit and Risk committee. Grant has also served on local community boards including Central Queensland University and Rockhampton Girls Grammar School.
In 2010 Grant was awarded “Most Outstanding Contribution by an Individual” in the Capricorn/Southern Great Barrier Reef Region Tourism Awards. Grant’s Hotels have won many industry awards and accolades over the past 18 years, including Gold (2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019) and Silver (2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019) at the Queensland Tourism Awards, and the prestigious ‘2017 Traveller’s Choice Awards’ ranking the Empire Apartment Hotel in the Top 25 Hotels in Australia.
The Cassidy Team
With a highly experienced team of Industry Professionals, we have set a very high benchmark for delivering consistent customer service built on quality and our Customer First policy.
Group General Manager
Operations, Conference & Events Manager
Empire Apartment Hotel Rockhampton
Empire’s 4.5 star fully self-contained apartments are modern, spacious, have their own balcony – and come stocked with Molton Brown of London bathroom products and T2 Tea. Our property also has free fibre to the premise WIFI in all guest rooms, three onsite dining options with chargeback, a gym and tropically landscaped pool, 24hr reception, and undercover secure parking. We are located in the heart of the CBD Riverfront Precinct, a block from the Retail Shopping Mall, Supermarkets, Art Gallery, a plethora of Cafes and Restaurants, and the Pilbeam Theatre.
4.5 Star Deluxe Accommodation
- #1 on TripAdvisor in Rockhampton
- Ranked in Top 25 Hotels in Australia in 2017 with the Travellers’ Choice Award and Top 1% in the World
- Awarded Gold at the 2018 & 2019 Qld Tourism Awards in the Deluxe Accommodation Category
- Awarded Gold at the 2017 Queensland Tourism Awards in the Business Event Tourism Category
- Awarded Gold at the 2015 Queensland Tourism Awards in the Best New Tourism Business Category
- Awarded Silver at the 2019 Qld Tourism Awards in the Business Event Venue Category
- National Winner of the Gold List 2017 with Star Ratings Australia – ranked #5 in Australia
- Tourism and Event Queensland’s 2019 Best of Queensland Experiences, perfect 100/100 score
07 4936 0000
5 East Street, Rockhampton QLD 4700
The Edge Apartment Hotel Rockhampton
Designed to capture the panoramic river, hinterland and city views offered by the unique riverfront location, The Edge Apartment Hotel is Rockhampton’s leading 4.5 star apartment hotel. Ideally positioned in Rockhampton’s developing main accommodation, dining and entertainment CBD Riverfront Precinct, The Edge Apartment Hotel features modern hotel rooms plus 1,2 & 3 bedroom fully self-contained apartments, bar and restaurant. Modern, stylish and packed with the luxuries you would expect from a leading hotel, your new home away from home is The Edge Apartment Hotel.
07 4930 1000
102 Victoria Parade, Rockhampton QLD 4700
Conferences and Events
Empire Conferencing provides the most flexible solutions for small to medium sized conferences and events. With the choice of two separate rooms or one larger room, we will work with you to make your next event a standout success! Conferencing@Empire will provide you with the latest in state of the art technology in our ultra modern facility.
- Lectern and small stage
- Laser Pointer
- Wireless handheld and lapel microphone
- Conference Telephone
- High speed wireless internet
- Two State of the art data projectors & screens
- Ten 1800mm Round or Six 2400mm long rectangle tables
- Seating for 100 people in various configurations
- Wheelchair access
1 & 2
The Cassidy Hospitality Group is committed to quality and providing guests with an award-winning deluxe yet sustainable experience as part of our “One Planet, One Chance” initiative and accepts that it must work to preserve the environmental sustainability of the planet, at all levels of its operations – in its own practice and as a participant in a community of practice.
The Cassidy Hospitality Group aspires to minimise its impact on our environment and maximise the effective use of resources. We strive to achieve this by increasing communication and awareness of our efforts in accordance with this policy and fostering responsible environmental behaviour amongst staff, guests and suppliers.
The Cassidy Hospitality Group is committed not only to complying with applicable law in all of its operations but to minimise risks and impacts through the development of robust and documented systems to implement, measure, monitor, and disseminate excellent environmental performance both within its operations and to the broader community.
We strive to operate better hotels for a better planet and are committed to ‘travel for good’.
This One Planet One Chance Initiative Policy aims to integrate a philosophy of sustainable development into all the organisation’s activities and to establish and promote sound environmental practice in our operations.
We believe that travel should be for good and so our team and businesses are dedicated to the following:
- In 2020 our 120 guest rooms will switch from single-use Molton Brown of London bathroom miniatures to bulk-size bathroom amenities, saving over 100,000 single-use miniatures from entering landfill
- Send all used guest soaps to Soapaid’s ‘Hotel to Hands’ Program that cleans and reprocesses it into fresh hygienic bars for free distribution to communities in need around Australia
- Provide guests the option to reuse their towels during their stay to save water
- Contribute to the Containers for Change initiative donating the proceeds quarterly to local charities – our target is over $12,000 annually to be donated back to our local community
- Donate bottle caps to Rotary who provide to companies that convert them into prosthetic limbs
- Installed Co-mingled bins to maximise recycled waste and minimise general landfill waste
- Have a ‘buy local’ strategy that contributes a minimum of 65% of total expenditure back into the community
- Provide hygiene products and bathroom amenities to Rockhampton’s Homeless Connect Day annually
- Installed over 100 x solar panels on the rooftop representing 19% of the total energy needs
- Installed ‘WasteTech’ Garbage Compacting System reducing volume of waste by up to 75% leading to reduced removal expenses and land fill volume by 104,000L of waste per annum further reduced by our co-mingling and cardboard bins
- Restaurants have cooking oil recycling programs and grease traps to minimise about 60,000L of solids and oils from entering the waste water system each year
- Water saving devices are fitted in all rooms that restrict flow to 9L/min saving 37%
- Energy efficient lighting is installed throughout the Hotel providing a saving of up to 88%Providing a safe and healthful workplace;
- Having an environmentally sustainable aware culture, where responsibility is assigned and understood;
- Being an environmentally responsible neighbour in our community;
- Conserving natural resources by reusing and recycling;
- Using, in our own operations, processes that do not adversely affect the environment;
- Ensuring the responsible use of energy throughout the organisation;
- Participating in efforts to improve environmental protection and understanding;
- Taking steps to improve environmental performance continually;
- Conducting rigorous audits, evaluations, and self-assessments of the implementation of this policy;
- Working with suppliers who promote sound environmental practices; and
- Enhancing awareness among our employees, guests and suppliers – educating and motivating them to act in an environmentally responsible manner.
Our hotel’s proudly partner and support a number of local community and sporting organisations. In the 2020 calendar year we are partnering or sponsoring the following:
- Royal Brisbane & Women’s Hospital Foundation Coronavirus Action Fund
- Capras Women’s Rugby League Team
- Beef Australia Club 21 member
- Rockhampton Jockey Club 150 member
- RACQ Capricorn Helicopter Rescue Club 300 member
- Salvation Army
- Paradise Lagoons Camp draft
- Rocky River run
- Rockhampton River Festival
- Gidarjil Cultural Heritage festival
- Rockhampton Amateur Race Club
- Capricorn Enterprise Platinum member
- Rockhampton Art Gallery